Friday, September 27, 2013

Comic Book Hottie - PTU



 This tutorial was written in PSP 9 and can be used with any other version. I assume that you have a working knowledge of PSP.


-----------------------

Supplies Needed:
Tube of choice/close up

PTU Scrap kit by Designs by Sarah
"Boom! Pow! Click Here

font of choice
Kids Play

Plugins Optional:

xero - radiance
penta.com - color dot

Photoshop Comic Book Effect Tutorial
(Is not my tutorial, again this is optional)



-----------------------
I am using the art of Mark Wasyl
You can find his work Here 
But he is no longer selling his tubes
-----------------------


*easy working with layers*


Let's open your frame that looks like a comic book page. Use a different one if you don't have this one... I resize down to 80% Image- canvas size set 600x600. Opening all of the tubes you want to use, I used 5 different tubes. Using your magic wand click on the inside of one piece of the frame, Selections- modify- expand by 4. copy and paste your tube of choice in the marching ants of the frame you selected. selections- invert- delete. select none drag below frame layer.


The frame i used has 6 frames in one. If you are using this same frame. I want you to repeat the first step until all of your tubes are filled in all of the frame pieces. hiding your frame merge all of your tubes together, unhide frame. While your frame is highlighted using your magic wand tool again, clicking inside of each frame, selections- modify- expand by 4. I then added a new raster layer. tok the colors from my tubes, and flood filled each frame with the color of the tube that's in there. I used green, blue, yellow for both of the middle frames, purple and red. once you flood fill select none. drag below frame layer.


This is just to fill in any gaps you may have, if you didn't fill in the spot with your tubes... Now it's time to add the comic book effect on the tubes, Please go up in the supplies to view the tutorial for this. I opened photoshop for this. First save your merged tube layer,  Then i opened it into my PS and i followed the tutorial I shared to get the desired effect i want. I played around with the settings but it came from this tutorial


Once you do this effect, it's completely optional. save it in photoshop, then open it back into paintshop, and copy and paste onto your canas and drag below your frame, with the mover tool making sure everything fits right in. I then hide my frame layer, and merged the background with my tubes layer. If you haven't noticed by now. I selected one of the spots to put a city scene instead of a tube, You may do this also. then i added color dot to the yellow background, which i used a paper, but you can do this to a flood fill color of yellow if you want. giving the buildings a slight drop shadow. If you decide to do this.


Now it's time to add your main tube, i used the super girl. placed her where i wanted, added a slight radiance, drop shadow. now it's time to add the elements, i used these word arts, wham!, pow, boom, pop, word bubble 1, blue splat, yellow lightening bolt, frame, city scene and paper 1.  resize these down, place them where you want or use my tag as a guide, adding slight drop shadow.



Now add your copyrights, add your name and save as a png and  you’re done!


Thanks for trying my tutorial.
Now lets see those results.

----------------------
This tutorial was written on September 27th, 2013 by Melissa.
In no way may this tutorial be copied to another
website without the creators permission. Any resemblance
to this tutorial is purely coincidental.

No comments:

Post a Comment