Thursday, July 2, 2015

Ptu - American Girl



This tutorial was written in PSP 9 and can be used with any other version. I assume that you have a working knowledge of PSP.


-----------------------

Supplies Needed:
Tube of choice/close up


Paid Scrap kit by DesignsbyLK
"American Girl" Purchase at Smiley Creations


Font of choice
Arcyle Script

Wordart by Dee Here

Dee's American Girl Temp

Plugins Optional:
penta.com - jeans


Tutorial shortcut index:
"Delete" on your keyboard under Insert.
"C/P" copy and paste as new layer.
Remove "O/L" Remove original layer.
"D/S" Drop shadow located in 3D effects.
"R/S" Resize layer located in Image.
New "R/L" Raster layer, in Layers.
"outer glow" Gradient glow from eye candy
Or my method on my blog under "How to dos"

Good D/S settings:
0, 0, 57, 6, color black

Good add noise settings:
Uniform- 70-90 % noise monochrome
Random- 10-34% noise monochrome


-----------------------
I used the artwork of Arthur Crowe
You can find his artwork Here
-----------------------


Open template, R/S to 90% canvas size 600x600
I removed wordart, stars, and copyright

Open "rock on" wordart R/S to 75% 
I placed this in the center, applied drop shadow
I then didn't like it this large, so i used my deform tool
and i made it alittle smaller to fit the end result of my tag

Open up half body tube, R/S place in the center, D/S
I hide my tube layer to work on the rest of the template

Select right red rectangle, selections all float defloat. open paper12
R/S to 70%, C/P onto canvas as new layer, selections invert, delete 
select none. remove original layer, apply outer glow - add noise. D/S
(Do the same for opposite right red rectangle)

Select blue square, selections all float defloat, open paper01, R/S to 70%
C/P onto canvas as new layer, selections invert, delete, select none, 
remove original layer. apply outer glow - add noise. D/S

Select "left white strip" selections all float defloat, open paper11 R/S to 70%
C/P onto canvas as new layer, selections invert, delete, select none.
remove original layer, apply outer glow - add noise. D/S
I then appled inner bevel on both paper layers, settings of your own
(Do this same step for the right white strip)

Select dark blue burst, selections all float defloat, add new raster layer
using your paint brush, select blue color the right side. now select red
and paint the other side. add noise settings of choice, D/S
Then colorize "light blue circle" again opposite colors on each side

I used the burn tool to brighten both sides up, apply jeans
Now i selected the "flag" layers in the back and just colorized
them to make the colors a deeper color. now Unhide your tube

Note: I placed my elements around my tube

Now it's element time


Elements i used and the resized %
Using this drop shadow: 0, 0, 51, 4, color black
Banner1 (no resize)
Lips1 - 60%
Lipstick - 50%
Cupcake1 - 60%
Balloon2 - 60%
Butterfly2 - 50%
Firecracker1 - 60%


place elements where you want, or use my tag as a guide.
Add your copyrights,  your name save as a PNG
You're done!


Thanks for trying my tutorial.
Now lets see those results.

----------------------
This tutorial was written on July 2nd, 2015 by Melissa.
In no way may this tutorial be copied to another
website without the creators permission. Any resemblance
to this tutorial is purely coincidental.

No comments:

Post a Comment